• No categories

South Carolina Legal Separation Agreement

The procedure for filing a separate maintenance and assistance order with the family court is as follows: one of the spouses who will be the applicant files a subpoena and an appeal for a separate maintenance order and support notice, as well as a notification and an application for interim relief, or asks his lawyer to do so. After the filing, the summons, the complaint and the notification and the application for interim measures are served personally on the other spouse or his lawyer. The notified spouse is the defendant, which means that he or she is not the party filing. The defendant or his or her lawyer then has thirty (30) days to respond, respond to the complaint and counterclaim, and tell the court what he or she wants the judge to do with respect to the problems in the case. The case is then tried by a judge who decides the issues or who reviews and approves an agreement between the parties. This mission resolves issues until the parties reach a final agreement on all issues or until negotiation. If you have questions like this, the conversation with a family law lawyer in South Carolina can help you understand your situation. Keep reading to hear answers to some frequently asked questions about separation in South Carolina that I regularly hear from my clients. After consulting with a lawyer, there are many things to keep in mind and do before you separate or divorce. While it`s important to consider the many “to dos,” it`s also incredibly important to remember the “NOT to dos” during or before family disputes. Since South Carolina does not recognize separation without dissolution of the body, there is no form to submit.

You may, however, consider requesting a hearing and applying for a separate support and support order, which is a judge-approved agreement, which can protect your financial interests and provide financial assistance to your children. . . .

Comments are closed.